Saturday

Comic Shop Tour: Jay and Silent Bob's Secret Stash

Red Bank, NJ
A mecca for any comic book fan, Kevin Smith's comic shop sits in the beautiful borough of Red Bank, New Jersey. (Yes, I just used "Beautiful" and "New Jersey" in the same sentence.) For enthusiasts of Kevin Smith's flms, the shop is unmistakeable even without the large depiction of Jay and Silent Bob on the store front!

I'm not even supposed to be here today!
Inside is a great collection of new issues, back issues and graphic novels, some even signed by Kevin Smith himself, like the first issue of Batman: Cacophony that I picked up while I was there.

New issues!
Comic book heaven!
What separates this store from other comic shops is Kevin Smith's devotion to his fans, who will be delighted by all of the references and paraphernalia from his movies that can be found all around the shop. From costumes to scripts to a large Mooby, this is the place to revel in Kevin Smith-ness. For folks like myself that still spend a good majority of the time quoting Clerks, I highly recommend the trip to this awesome shop owned by a true super hero of film and comic books!

Say, would you like a chocolate covered pretzel?
Costumes from Clerks II
Doesn't it... pop?
Oh sweet Bovine, our lives to you we vow!
I didn't take pictures of my considerably smaller haul at Secret Stash, but I grabbed the V for Vendetta graphic novel, a Beserker shirt that I am completely in love with, the signed Batman comic I mentioned AND in the back issue boxes I was able to find The Avengers #88, written by my favorite Sci-Fi author, Harlan Ellison. Only a few more to go before I have all of the Marvel comics he wrote!


No comments:

Post a Comment